Thursday, February 11, 2010

Brick Oven Pizzeria


I went to Brick Oven Pizzeria the other day when I was in Poway. The people there are very friendly and welcoming and are used to lots of us gluten-free types coming in.

Their gluten free crust is a lot like regular delivery crust - like Pizza Hut's hand-tossed crust. The gluten free pizza comes in the medium size only, which feeds 2-3 people, depending on your hunger level. They have a nice variety of toppings as well. My only complaint is that I wish their interior seating area was larger and was a little more separated from the order counter. For those of us who don't live in Poway, we would eat the pizza there, and more atmosphere would be nice.

12222 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064
(858) 274-2568

Open Daily 11am-9:30pm

http://www.858brickoven.com/

3 comments:

  1. This blog is a great resource. I have recently moved to San Diego from the Boston area. I never found an Italian restaurant that served gluten free pasta (pizza yes, but not pasta) in Massachusetts, which is hard to believe because it is such a simple substitution to use rice based pasta. Now that I've moved to San Diego, I'd love to find Italian here. Would you happen to have a list of Italian restaurants that have GF options?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at http://www.glutenfreeinsd.com/sd_restaurants.html. Look at both the Italian section and pizza section. There are many Italian restaurants that cater to us gluten-free diners now!
    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material.Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete