Thursday, May 7, 2009

Starbucks Gluten Free at Last!!

Starbucks is finally jumping on the Gluten Free Train!!! They have their gluten-free Orange Valencia Cake in their stores. I was in a Mission Valley Starbucks yesterday and there it was!!! Each slice is individually wrapped to avoid contamination from the other baked goods. It has almonds on top so I can't eat it (nut allergy), but I'm not complaining - at least there is now an option for the rest of you! Since I became gluten-free, coffee shops have held less of an appeal because I end up getting hungry while I am there and then of course can't eat anything. This is a good step for Starbucks - hopefully the other big chains will follow suit.

1 comment:

  1. Based on your news I tried it out at the B&N Starbucks in Encinitas. It wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete