Monday, January 26, 2009

Cowboy Star

My husband and I went to Cowboy Star for a special occasion. Typically steak restaurants are pretty safe and the higher-end places usually are pretty good about educating their staff about food allergies. However, when I told the waitress that I could not eat gluten, she had no idea what I was talking about. She had not even heard the word gluten before, and I thought I was talking about glucose! I tried to explain to her that I could not eat wheat, and clearly this was beyond her comprehension as she brought both me and husband individual bread portions. Overall, the food was okay. I liked the atmosphere since it was more relaxed than some other steak restaurants, however, their inability to educate their servers leaves me doubting I will go back.

www.thecowboystar.com

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I go out and the waitstaff doesn't know what I'm talking about, and no one else on staff comes out to speak with me, I would get up and leave, suggesting to the general manager they did a better job educating all their staff about food allergies. I would of course be willing to supple any additional info. if they wanted it.

    ReplyDelete