Monday, January 26, 2009

Healthy Creations Organic Meals

I tried Healthy Creations after hearing the owner speak at the January meeting of Gluten Free in San Diego Support Group. The owner is also gluten free so she understands the dietary restrictions completely. Healthy Creations offers a monthly menu and you can either go to their location and assemble your own meals from their menu and take them home and put them in your freezer, or you can have the foods prepared for you and pick them up or have them delivered. Since I am not a big cook, I had my meals prepared and delivered to my door. In addition to my gluten allergy, I also have a nut allergy, so I just mentioned those in my online order and everything was made safe for me to eat. I ordered several meals, sides and desserts. Most of the ingredients are organic and locally produced so the food is good for you and good for the environment. So far, I have sampled the Mexican lasagna which is very good but very rich - I definitely recommend mixing a healthy serving of veggies with each portion. The maple roasted butternut squash is good but a little too sweet for me. The raw chocolate mousse is also good but very rich and good in small servings. Overall this is a wonderful business to have near to San Diego! The portion size is good and I can get about 5 servings out of a 3 serving lasagna. The prices are also reasonable and works out to $5 or less per meal. What is better than healthy meals that I can eat without allergy worry? I intend to keep ordering from Healthy Creations and am excited to see their February menu. Just make sure you mention that you are gluten free when ordering!

www.healthycreations.com

1 comment:

  1. The tangy twice baked potatoes are delicious! and the butternut squash lasagna is very good too.

    ReplyDelete