Thursday, January 12, 2012

Legends Bistro at La Costa Resort


Legends Bistro is a casual restaurant within the La Costa resort.  I went with a friend and was expecting to eat plain salad or something similar from their regular menu.  When we sat down, I mentioned that I was gluten-free and they brought me a whole menu.  It was a professional menu that looked exactly like the regular menu and wasn't something they just printed out that day.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  What was even better was that the selections on the gluten-free menu sounded a lot more interesting than the regular menu.  I ordered a chicken pasta dish that was made with rice pasta.  It was very tasty with lots of veggies.  They also had vegetarian and vegan selections on the gf menu.  The entrees were price between $10 and $18 for lunch.  I would definitely go again.  The strange part though is that they don't advertise their gf menu at all.  It's nowhere to be found on their website and if I hadn't mentioned I was gluten free, I would not have even known they had a gf menu.

http://www.lacosta.com/legends-bistro.aspx

La Costa Resort and Spa

2100 Costa Del Mar Road


Carlsbad, CA 92009


Call 800 854 5000

4 comments:

  1. Seems like they just made your dining there extra special. Your description of what you ate just made me hungry, without even posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lunch there earlier this week. A delicious grilled salmon on butter lettuce - so glad I read your post before our trip to San Diego. Very helpful - thanks!

    Joyce - Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really this is awesome recipe,think make anyone feel hungry and love the food. Solcal Cafe also provide the organic food delivery online in San Diego. http://solcal.com/menu-item/poke-tuna-bowl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete